Thursday, May 8, 2008

Pen Review: SRX 770 Grip

Don't ask me why, I just have a thing for pens. I am constantly looking for new, superb-writing pens. I have this pen I have been using for quite some time now. Not the same pen physically, but I have gone through many pens of the same model. The SRX 770 Grip made by Mega.

I like pens that let me write fast and with as little effort as possible.
The 770 certainly does that. Not much more than lightly floating the pen over the page is required. However, this freedom of movement is due to the liquidity of the ink. It has very runny ink. This means that on a regular sheet of notebook paper, you will get some bleed-through. You may even get a lot of bleed-through to the point where you cant use the back side of the paper because you can see everything you wrote on the front clear as day. I usually just use the back anyway because I am too lazy to care. I have never had bleed-through go all the way onto the next sheet of paper though.

The pen has a comfortable rubber grip and a very thick plastic outer casing. I would even say that the pen is too large because the casing is so big in diameter. The casing itself is not all that attractive either. It looks like a pretty cheap pen that is trying to look expensive. It does hold quite a bit of ink however so they usually do last a long time.

I cant remember where I got them at, but it was most likely Staples or Kmart or some similar store. I also don't remember how much they cost but not a lot. I assure you I would not have bought them if they were more than 3 dollars per pen(which is still ridiculous). So I'll sum this up.

Pros
-Fast Writing
-Long Lasting
-Inexpensive

Cons
-Bleed through
-Bulky
-Cheap looking/feeling

I like pens and I like to try new ones out all the time. So you can probably expect to see more reviews here on pens and on other products that will likely be equally mundane.

There is a picture of it on this website, its the only one I found. It's on the far left of the picture.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am obsessed with these pens and I was heartbroken when Walmart stopped selling. I found them at Kmart and was so happy.

Though I'm having a problem with them leaking after a bit of time. I mean full ink explosion. It breaks my heart every time.

nerdmom2000 said...

I just want to add that I too am completley obsessed with these pens. they also hve a MEGA GRIP .. I cannot find them anywhere and I must have them! Let me know if you can help me?

Seriously,
Lost without my pens :(